The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The West Side YMCA is seeking a Program Director who will be responsible for management of youth enrichment and adult enrichment programs at the West Side YMCA which includes the overall development, administration, supervision and evaluation of the programs. The Program Director will focus on maintaining a quality program while raising additional funds to expand the program to meet the needs of the community.
- Meet or exceed all contract requirements.
- Responsible for fiscal, government contract, foundation, and corporate grant management.
- Ensure compliance with existing funding source as well as ensure compliance with potential funding sources.
- Plan and create new and innovative youth and family programs that meet the needs of the community in keeping with the Branch priority objectives and strategic plan.
- Work collaboratively with the branch staff to develop new programs.
- Develop and grow community partnerships and create and track a resource referral system for youth and families.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train and supervise staff according to YMCA policies and best practices.
- Represents the Branch at necessary program cabinets (i.e. YAS, Teen)
- Successfully maintain and improve the quality of all Youth and Family programs.
- Develop and explore opportunities for joint initiatives.
- Become a certified trainer in at least 1 youth area and lead training events.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work or related field required.
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience supervising community-based youth programs and developing programs.
- Knowledge of development and administration of youth program.
- Knowledge of AS400, Budgeting, Public Policy, Grant Writing, DYCD a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities