The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Greenpoint YMCA is seeking a qualified individual who, under the supervision of the Youth & Family Director, will be responsible for management of the overall development, administration, supervision and evaluation of the After School Program. The Program Director is responsible for maintaining a quality program while raising additional funds to expand the program to meet the needs of the community.
- Responsible for grant writing to secure program funding (including government contracts, foundation and corporate grants).
- Ensure all contract requirements are met.
- Hit targeted numbers, meet reporting requirements, and the completion of all work plan objectives and programming.
- Work collaboratively with Branch staff to develop new programs that meet the needs of the community in keeping with the Branch priority objectives and strategic plan.
- Recruit, select, develop, train and supervise staff.
- Develop and grow community partnerships.
- Create and track a resource referral system for youth and families.
- Represent the Branch at cabinet meetings.
- Maintain and continue to improve the quality of After School programs.
- Supervision and Planning of summer component/responsibilities and duties as assigned. Seek DOH license for summer camp.
- Become a certified trainer in at least 1 youth area and lead training events.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings and fundraising events.
- BA/BS in social work, education, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience supervising community-based youth programs.
- Knowledge of development and administration of youth programs, staff supervision, contract management and grant writing required.
- Knowledge of AS400 database, effective budget management and public policy preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong hospitality skills.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line, “Program Director” to email@example.com or to:Greenpoint YMCA
Attn.: Shevonne Greene
99 Meserole Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11222
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities