Program Director – Two Bridges Cornerstone Program
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Chinatown YMCA is seeking a Program Director who, under the supervision of the Youth and Family Director, will be responsible for management of the Two Bridges Cornerstone program at 286 South Street, which includes the overall development, administration, supervision and evaluation of the DYCD Cornerstone Program. The Program Director will focus on maintaining a quality program while raising additional funds to expand the program to meet the needs of the community.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train and supervise staff according to YMCA policies and best practices.
- Responsible for grant writing, fiscal, government contract, foundation and corporate grant management.
- Meet or exceed all contract requirements.
- Ensure compliance with existing funding source as well as ensure compliance with potential funding sources.
- Plan and create new and innovative youth and family programs that meet the needs of the community in keeping with the Branch priority objectives and strategic plan.
- Work collaboratively with the branch staff to develop new programs.
- Develop and grow community partnerships and create and track a resource referral system for youth and families.
- Represents the Branch at necessary program cabinets (i.e YAS, Teen)
- Successfully maintain and improve the quality of all Youth and Family programs.
- Develop and explore opportunities for joint initiatives.
- Become a certified trainer in at least 1 youth area and lead training events.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience supervising community-based youth programs and developing programs.
- Knowledge of development and administration of youth program.
- Knowledge of AS400, Budgeting, Public Policy, Grant Writing, DYCD a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Program Director – Two Bridges” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:Chinatown YMCA
Attn.: Chi Yung
New York, NY 10002
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities