Program Director (Beacon 43)
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Rockaway YMCA is seeking a Program Director who, under the supervision of the Beacon Director, will be responsible for management of the DYCD-Funded COMPASS/SONYC program at the Beacon - PS 43. This includes the overall development, administration, supervision and evaluation of the Beacon program. The Program Director will focus on maintaining a quality program while raising additional funds to expand the program to meet the needs of the community.
- Responsible for fiscal, government contract, foundation and corporate grant management.
- Meet or exceed all contract requirements.
- Plan and create new and innovative youth and family programs that meet the needs of the community in keeping with the Branch priority objectives and strategic plan.
- Ensure compliance with existing funding source as well as ensure compliance with potential funding sources.
- Work collaboratively with the branch staff to develop new programs.
- Recruit, select, develop, train and supervise staff.
- Develop and grow community partnerships within NYC priority sectors and create and track a resource referral system for youth and families.
- Grow program offerings (onsite & offsite), stay abreast of best practices in the field, and position the Program Director as a premier youth serving organization in our community.
- Represents the Branch at necessary program cabinets (i.e YAS, Teen).
- Successfully maintain and continue to improve the quality of all Youth and Family programs.
- Become a certified trainer in at least 1 youth area and lead training events.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all participants.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, required. Masters in social work, education or related field, preferred
- One to two years of experience supervising community based youth programs and experience developing programs.
- Knowledge of Development and administration of youth programs, Supervision, Contract management, Grant Writing.
- Knowledge of AS400, Budgeting, Public Policy a plus
- Current CPR/First Aid certifications preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong hospitality skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Program Director” to email@example.com to:Rockaway YMCA - Beacon 43
Attn: Anthony Jones 106 Beach 29th Street
Far Rockaway, NY 11691
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities