SALARY: $16.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Greenpoint YMCA is seeking a Program Coordinator who, under the supervision of the Youth & Family Director, will be responsible for developing, implementing, delivering, supervising, and evaluating the programs at the Greenpoint YMCA. The Program Coordinator will focus on program quality and delivery of services as well as training and development of the staff including Activity Specialists and program aides.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of program participants by providing supervision of all activities.
- Maintain accurate program documentation (participant files, data entry, DYCD Online, AS400, attendance, sign in/out forms, behavior reports, incident reports, and accident reports, as appropriate).
- Support the Youth & Family Director and supervise Activity Specialists, Counselors, Advisors, and Volunteers in the implementation of the Y Afterschool/Saturday Programs, Summer Camp Programs and CIT/STEP Programs.
- Work cooperatively with professional staff, teachers, and other program and school staff.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all participants.
- Create and maintain a strength-based, youth-focused atmosphere that is consistent and sensitive to the needs of participants with learning, emotional, or behavioral differences.
- Manage the registration and billing for the SACC program, which includes fall and summer enrollment.
- Create marketing flyers for program awareness and enrollment, update bulletin boards and create a monthly newsletter.
- Serve as a positive role model for participants.
- Work with the Youth & Family Director to secure and maintain all equipment or supplies needed.
- Understand and communicate the YMCA’s core values and the goals of the Beacon Program to participants and caregivers.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and guardians through regular communication about their child’s strengths and areas of growth.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- High School diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in youth programs.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of Access, Adobe PageMaker and Photoshop preferred.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line "Program Coordinator" to email@example.com or to:
Attn: Shevonne Greene
99 Messerole Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11222
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities