The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Dodge YMCA is seeking a Program Coordinator who, under the supervision of the Youth & Family Director, will be responsible for developing, implementing, delivering, supervising, and evaluating the programs at the Dodge YMCA. The Program Coordinator will focus on program quality and delivery of services as well as training and development of the staff including Activity Specialists and Program Aides.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of program participants by providing supervision of all activities.
- Maintain accurate program documentation (participant files, YS.net data entry, AS400 entry, attendance, sign in/out forms, behavior reports, incident reports, and accident reports, as appropriate).
- Support the Youth and Family Director and assist in supervising Activity Specialists, Counselors, Advisors, and Volunteers in the implementation of the Y Enrichment programs, Summer Camp programs and CIT/SYEP programs.
- Assist in creating marketing flyers for program awareness and enrollment, update bulletin boards and create a monthly newsletter.
- Work cooperatively with professional staff, teachers, and other program and school staff.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all participants.
- Work with the Youth & Family Director to secure and maintain all equipment or supplies needed.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and guardians through regular communication about their child’s strengths and areas of growth.
- Understand and communicate the YMCA’s core values and the goals of the Core Programs to participants and care givers.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s preferred.
- Minimum of two years of hands on experience working in youth programs.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of Access, Adobe PageMaker and Photoshop preferred.
- Must be able to work Monday – Friday and weekends.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Program Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:Dodge YMCA
Attn.: Shana Bredwood
225 Atlantic Blvd
Brooklyn, New York 11201
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities