Program Coordinator - P.S. 134
SALARY: $22.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Cross Island YMCA is seeking Program Coordinators who will be responsible for developing, implementing, delivering, supervising, and evaluating the programs at P.S. 134. The Program Coordinators will focus on program quality and delivery of services as well as training and development of the staff including Activity Specialists and program aides.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of program participants by providing supervision of all activities.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all participants.
- Maintain accurate program documentation (participant files, data entry, DYCD Online, AS400, attendance, sign in/out forms, behavior reports, incident reports, and accident reports, as appropriate).
- Support the Program Director and supervise Activity Specialists, Counselors, Advisors, and Volunteers in the implementation of the Y Programs, Summer Camp Programs, and CIT Programs.
- Work cooperatively with professional staff, teachers, and other program, housing and school staff.
- Create and maintain a strength-based, youth-focused atmosphere that is consistent and sensitive to the needs of participants with learning, emotional, or behavioral differences.
- Create marketing flyers for program awareness and enrollment; update bulletin boards and create a monthly newsletter.
- Serve as a positive role model for participants.
- Work with the Program Site Director to secure and maintain all equipment or supplies needed.
- Understand and communicate the YMCA’s core values and the goals of the Cornerstone Program to participants and caregivers.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and guardians through regular communication about their child’s strengths and areas of growth.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of hands on experience working in youth programs.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of Access, Adobe PageMaker and Photoshop preferred.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to apply?
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities