Salary: $30.00 - $35.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Long Island City YMCA is seeking a qualified Personal Trainer who will recruit, design and deliver safe, fun, dynamic and effective personal training sessions, while also providing outstanding hospitality to ensure a positive user experience. The Personal Trainer will promote a safe and positive atmosphere in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Design and deliver safe, fun, dynamic and effective personal training sessions, in person or virtually from the branch.
- Provide outstanding hospitality to all members and guests, initiating a professional relationship with members in regard to their needs, concerns, and questions about the YMCA, its programs and its mission.
- Recruit new clients and retain current clients.
- Preform client assessments.
- Schedule and coordinate client sessions, in a timely manner.
- Record and report sales and sessions to supervisors.
- Maintain familiarity with current fitness trends, protocol, methods and programs.
- Utilize the app for scheduling as directed.
- Maintain required certifications; tracked in Club Connect.
- Notify supervisor of any equipment out of service or in need of repair.
- Adhere to the YMCA of Greater New York’s Healthy Lifestyles Standards and Guidelines, and Personal Training and Fitness Assessment Best Practices.
- Have a thorough knowledge of branch emergency procedures and take appropriate action for emergency situations.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Other activities and duties that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working in health and fitness environment.
- Current Adult CPR and First Aid certifications.
- ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA, or NASM certifications strongly recommended.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities