SALARY: $25.00 – $30.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Flushing YMCA is seeking a qualified individual who will recruit, design and deliver safe, fun, dynamic and effective personal training sessions, while also providing outstanding hospitality to ensure a positive user experience.
- Provide outstanding hospitality to all members and guests, initiating a professional relationship with members in regard to their needs, concerns, and questions about the YMCA, its programs and its mission.
- Design and deliver safe, fun, dynamic and effective personal training sessions.
- Recruit new clients and retain current clients.
- Preform client assessments.
- Schedule and coordinate client sessions, in a timely manner.
- Record and report sales and sessions to supervisors.
- Be aware of current fitness programs and trends.
- Maintain required certifications; tracked in Club Connect.
- Notify supervisor of any equipment out of service or in need of repair.
- Adhere to the YMCA of Greater New York’s Healthy Lifestyles Standards and Guidelines, and Personal Training and Fitness Assessment Best Practices.
- Maintain familiarity with current fitness trends, protocol, methods and programming.
- Have a thorough knowledge of branch emergency procedures and take appropriate action for emergency situations.
- Actively participate in the training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working in health and fitness environment.
- Current Adult CPR and First Aid certifications.
- ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA, or NASM certifications strongly recommended.
- Excellent customer service skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Personal Trainer” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:Flushing YMCA
Attn: Christopher Kui
138-46 Northern Blvd.
Flushing, New York 11354
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities