Peer Engagement Specialist
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Staten Island YMCA – Counseling Service is seeking a Peer Engagement Specialist who will assist with the continuity of care with new admissions, high risk clients, and clients identified that would benefit from more intense structure as a part of their treatment.
- Provide outreach via telephone or face to face to clients who are in the admissions process to assist with engagement and retention;
- Assist clients with obtaining entitlements including Insurance, Public Assistance, & vocational services.
- Collaborative with Counselors to assist clients in obtaining goals and objectives on treatment plans.
- Facilitate “Peer to Peer” support groups, family support groups and services.
- Attend and organize community outreach presentation and events including but not limited to: attending outreach events/fairs, networking meetings and participate in coalition meetings as a representative of the agency.
- Respond to Youth First calls within the community and provide support, guidance and education to the families.
- Participate in Case Conference meetings.
- Provide off–site services to clients, where indicated, in order to assist with retention.
- Assist with referrals for individuals who are in need of alternative level of treatment.
- Manage Prospect Tracking Forms for potential clients.
- Participate in team meetings, individual and group supervision.
- Actively participate in training sessions and designated meetings.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum two years of experience working with clients recovering from substance use.
- Recovery Coach Certification required.
- Peer Certification CRPA Training certificate Preferred
- Must be available to work week nights and Saturdays, as needed.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Peer Engagement Specialist” to email@example.com or to:
Staten Island YMCA – South Counseling Service
Attn: Angela Russo
3911 Richmond Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10312
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities