The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
We are seeking a Payroll Analyst who under the direction of the Payroll Supervisor will be responsible for all aspects of bi-weekly payroll processing, reporting and analyses. The Analyst will ensure that all employees are paid biweekly and all payroll adjustments, stipends, and pay methods are entered in a timely and accurately manner. This role will also ensure that garnishment processes are completed and reconciled with the biweekly payroll, direct deposit files are transmitted to the bank, and payroll funding, tax liabilities and garnishment wire payments are processed by their deadlines.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Enter all payroll adjustments, stipends and pay methods.
- Complete garnishment processes.
- Reconcile and complete analysis of payroll reports as required.
- Assist will all quarterly and year-end system processes and reporting requirements.
- Assist supervisor in the preparation of internal and external audits.
- Work closely with branches and Association Office staff to ensure all needs are met and to answer policy related inquiries.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in Payroll.
- Knowledge of accounting and payroll tax reporting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and previous experience working in Oracle and ADP preferred.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities