Membership Sales & Engagement Specialist
SALARY: $20.00 - $23.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The McBurney YMCA is seeking a Membership Sales and Engagement Specialist who will focus on providing prospective members with an open and inviting first impression, and will work with the prospect toward conversion to membership. A consultative approach based in the YMCA sales model and hospitality, will be utilized to ensure that conversion rates result in achieving Branch goals for new and retained memberships. The incumbent will also work externally within the community to generate prospects. The Membership Sales & Engagement Specialist will fully understand and be able to connect the needs and goals of the prospective member to the value and benefits of YMCA membership and programs, resulting in membership conversion.
- Generate prospects by working within the community at health fairs, events and with various entities.
- Follow up with prospective members toward conversion to membership following the YMCA’s sales procedures.
- Follow up with prospects generated from walk-ins, guest pass users, referrals, health fairs, and community events, using the information call script to engage the prospect toward an appointment.
- Provide tours using the tour cards and the features / benefits / feedback system.
- Accurately process memberships and programs in branch operating system.
- Accurately track all prospect work in an Excel worksheet.
- Maintain a good understanding of all facility and program offerings for all ages, and be able to communicate them to prospective members with regards to their specific interests.
- Maintain an understanding of health and wellness, as it relates to the YMCA.
- Work with the Branch Sales Team to support high Branch conversion rates.
- Achieve all goals related to prospect follow up and new member joins.
- Run and review monthly gain/loss reports.
- Post prospect tracking spreadsheet to shared drive.
- Run guest and tour conversion reports and calculate the conversion rates for prospects to sign-ups.
- Adhere to the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two to five years of sales and customer service experience required.
- Excellent service and hospitality skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build rapport and credibility.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deal with pressure in meeting sales goals.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work a variety of hours, including evenings and weekends.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Membership Sales & Engagement Specialist” to email@example.com or to:McBurney YMCA
Attn.: Mitch Lyons
125 West 14th Street
New York, NY 10011
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities