Membership Sales & Engagement Director
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Rockaway YMCA is seeking a Membership Sales & Engagement Director who will provide supervision and leadership to the Membership Department. Responsibilities include achieving membership units and revenue targets by personally following up with prospects, booking appointments, giving tours and selling memberships according to the Y’s sales systems. The Membership Sales & Engagement Director will also be responsible for budget development and implementation, retention, member satisfaction, local branch marketing, external outreach, relationship building, creating systems for quality assurance, strategic planning and staff development.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, evaluate and supervise membership staff.
- Monitor progress towards branch’s goals by running and reviewing all necessary reports.
- Follow up with all prospects using the information call script, book appointments, give tours utilizing the needs analysis form and the feature/benefit/feedback system, and sell memberships according to the Y’s sales systems.
- Community outreach for the purpose of developing prospects, including attending local health fairs and events.
- Follow up with cancelled members to determine reason for cancellation.
- Run and review any reports needed to monitor progress.
- Develop and execute local marketing strategies, including digital mediums. Utilize research and respond to industry trends.
- Assist in fundraising efforts and annual sustaining campaigns, with a focus on Members as Donors.
- Collaborate with Membership Coordinator to prepare and conduct annual performance reviews for staff.
- Establish systems and monitor adherence to membership policies, procedures and standards.
- Respond to member and staff concerns (i.e.: comment cards, walk-ins, calls).
- Meet with the Aquatics, Youth & Family, and Property Directors to discuss the membership value proposition and evaluate needs and changes.
- Serve as the Branch liaison to the Association’s Membership Cabinet; attend and participate in all cabinet meetings. Prepare for the membership campaigns and membership staff meetings.
- Attend trainings, seminars and conferences related to membership, including sales, prospecting, marketing and retention trainings.
- Other activities and duties that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, with a focus in sales and marketing.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in member/customer service, supervisory/management position.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of sales, new member acquisition, prospecting, and conversions.
- Knowledge of digital marketing and analytics.
- Personal commitment to service and hospitality.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, SEM/SEO, and social media outreach.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Center in Cornerstone.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities