SALARY: $15.00 P/H - $30.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Ridgewood YMCA is seeking a qualified individual to join its Healthy Lifestyles team. The right individual has a community-minded outlook and is dedicated to providing safe and effective therapeutic massage/bodywork to clients/members. The Massage Therapist must be a self-starter with a commitment to displaying high standards of customer service and must follow appropriate procedures and protocols established by the field’s Code of Ethics and the YMCA of Greater New York.
- Conduct massage therapy/bodywork through a professional relationship with clients/members.
- Exhibit knowledge of anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, myology, pathology, somatics, ethics, various massage/bodywork modalities, and apply accordingly.
- Maintain hygiene and cleanliness of work areas according to local, state and federal health and safety regulations.
- Meet and exceed personal client caseload goals.
- Provide a high level of service with regards to members’ needs, concerns, and questions about the YMCA, its programs and mission.
- Be punctual for all appointments and maintain necessary records in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Maintain required licenses/certifications/continuing education hours.
- Attend massage program and all staff meetings as well as training opportunities necessary for the successful performance of the position.
- Work cooperatively and communicate effectively with other staff and departments.
- Complete and maintain documentation for record keeping and business administration.
- Have a thorough knowledge of branch emergency procedures and take appropriate action for emergency situations in the absence of department’s professional staff.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of a recognized, accredited massage therapy school.
- Must possess a valid New York State massage therapy license.
- Minimum of one year of experience as a Massage Therapist.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Adult CPR/First Aid/AED.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Massage Therapist” via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:Ridgewood YMCA
Attn: Kiara Ross
69-02 64th Street
Ridgewood, NY 11385
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities