Salary: $38.75 - $40.75 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Long Island City YMCA is seeking a Massage Therapist who will offer massage therapy to address any specific needs of members and contribute to their total wellness.
- Perform massage therapy for members to help relieve stress, reduce aches/pains and impact the overall feeling of well being.
- Collect receipts from members and hand in receipts on a weekly basis.
- Demonstrate YMCA core values in all interactions with members and co-workers.
- Follows YMCA emergency procedures.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings.
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services offered.
- Be prompt with each appointment and perform services within the appropriate time allotted for the service.
- Actively promote the Healthy Lifestyles Department, treatments and services, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a Massage Therapist.
- Valid New York State massage therapy license required.
- Adult CPR/First Aid/AED.
- Attend current hospitality training within 90 days of hire.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be available Mondays, Wednesday's and Friday's.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities