Manager On Duty
Salary: $20.00 - $25.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The North Brooklyn YMCA is seeking a Manager on Duty (MOD). The Manager on Duty will provide leadership to the branch and deliver a high-quality member experience by executing, delivering and following up on all operational aspects including service, risk management, staffing, and emergency situations.
- Build relationships with members and staff, address questions and concerns, conduct tours as needed.
- Resolve conflict as needed.
- Handle emergency situations in adherence to emergency procedures established by the administration.
- Responsible to contact Executive Director, Building Manager, or appropriate staff in the event of any unusual circumstances.
- Check in on branch activities by doing rounds of facility every 45 minutes (walk through).
- Fill out incident report if they are the first responder during shift.
- Proactively address facility safety hazards.
- Complete and submits MOD report within 24 hours of MOD shift.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma preferred.
- CPR/AED certified.
- Knowledge of facilities emergency procedures.
- MOD Training within 3 months of hire.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities