Learning Center Program Coordinator - Manhattan YMCAs
SALARY: $21.00 P/H - 25.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
We are seeking qualified individuals who will play a critical role in the successful operation of in-person services at our YMCA School Day Learning Centers located throughout Manhattan. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for working with the Youth and Family Director to provide oversight and support, and to ensure quality program execution.
The YMCA School Day Learning Centers operate from 8:00am to 3:00pm, Monday-Friday, beginning in mid-September of 2020 and ending in mid-June of 2021.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of participants in the program by providing appropriate supervision at all times.
- Report all incidents in accordance with the Y policies and procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the School Day Learning Center.
- Assist Youth and Family Director in Group Leader and activity staff supervision by monitoring performance; providing support, coaching and recognition; and holding staff accountable for performance expectations.
- Work with Senior Counselors to plan and implement meaningful activities, lesson plans, and special events that build level of skill and confidence, are age-appropriate, exciting, challenging, and values based in the areas of arts, STEM, SEL, creative expression, community service, leadership, civic engagement, physical fitness, and/or nutrition.
- Assume responsibility for the cleanliness and organization of the room, program supplies, and activity space.
- Perform specific scheduled assignments, including but not limited to: arrival and/or departure, lunch and snack duty, family and culminating events, registration and administrative duties.
- Support the planning and implementation of all Learning Center activities, including but not limited to: creating a supportive learning environment where participants can complete their remote schoolwork.
- Work cooperatively with branch staff during the program planning and implementation process.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all participants.
- Create and maintain a strength-based, youth-focused atmosphere that is consistent and sensitive to the needs of participants with learning, emotional, or behavioral differences.
- Maintain accurate program documentation (attendance, sign in/out forms, behavior reports, incident reports, and accident reports, as appropriate).
- Monitor and update all required staff training attendance and certifications. Support the development and facilitation of required trainings. Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events. Attend all required trainings.
- Ensure that supplies and equipment are available and kept safe.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- At least two years of college/university education in a program area related to working with youth.
- At least two years of experience working with youth, preferably in a Camp or Afterschool setting; previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- General knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Google Classroom/Zoom preferred.
- Must have availability to work Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Learning Center Program Coordinator - Manhattan” to email@example.com or to:YMCA of Greater New York
Attn.: Hiring Manager
5 West 63rd Street
New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities