SALARY: $11.80 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The New York YMCA Camp, located in Huguenot, NY, is seeking a Kitchen Aide who, under the supervision of the Food Service Director or Cook, will be responsible for assisting the cooks with overall presentation and quality of meals with the additional work generated by Summer Camps. This includes cleaning of all kitchen areas and dining hall, as well as the preparation and serving of foods to compliment the meals.
- Operate dish machine and maintain the area for cleanliness.
- Wash pots, floors, counter tops and all areas of dining hall, before and after meals.
- Prepare and replenish items for daily breakfast and salad bars, condiments for meals, ensure beverage areas are stocked and clean.
- Serve food buffet style to campers and staff, be helpful and courteous to all.
- Ensure clean dishes, cups, silverware and napkins are available on buffet line at every meal.
- Prepare buffet table by putting out chafing dishes with water, and light sterno.
- Put deliveries of food away.
- Clean and rotate stock in refrigerators, freezers and store room appropriately.
- Ensure all facilities and equipment for successful programs are provided.
- Maintain YMCA, ACA, and New York State Health Department standards both on and off camp, as well as rules and policies of outside agencies being utilized.
- Display morals and values consistent with YMCA philosophy. Be kind, courteous and helpful to campers, staff and guests in dining hall duties.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School
- Required to stand, walk, climb, and kneel.
- Must be able to work on physically demanding tasks for entire day.
- Must be able to work inside/outside and tolerate summer weather environments, including heat in kitchen.
- Must be able to lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Kitchen Aide” to email@example.com or to:New York YMCA Camp
Attn.: Steve Sumnick
160 Big Pond Road
Huguenot, NY 12746
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities