IT Support Associate
SALARY: $25.00 - $35.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
We are seeking an IT Support Associate who will be responsible for staging, imaging, and deploying new desktop/laptop computers. The IT Support Associate will also troubleshoot and repair Windows 10 computers and basic network connectivity issues at all YMCA branches and off-sites.
The IT Support Associate is expected to work 35 hours per week and the assignment will last 3 months. This is an on-site role.
- Configure, deploy, and provide support for Windows 10 computers.
- Configure, deploy, and provide support for network file shares, VPN client, network scanning software.
- Configure, deploy, and provide support for other hardware (printers, scanners, POS devices, etc.)
- Provide resolution and assistance to standard supported applications: Office365 (including Outlook & OneDrive), SharePoint, Edge and Chrome Web browsers, Antivirus & VPN software, etc.
- Travel to all YMCA of Greater New York branches and off-sites, when necessary.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Actively participate in all training sessions and designated meetings.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Associate degree or relevant technical school diploma.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working as a computer technician, preferably in a Help Desk environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair hardware and software Windows 10 and Office 365 issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair basic networking issues.
- Positive attitude organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong communication (verbal, listening and written) skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to travel to all YMCA of Greater New York branches and off-sites.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities