IT Operations Engineer
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The YMCA of Greater New York is seeking an IT Operations Engineer will deliver value to the YMCA of Greater New York by ensuring the day to day running of the IT infrastructure is in line with Service Level Agreements and policies & procedures. The IT Operations Engineer must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong technical, communication, problem-solving, time management and people management skills.
- Oversee IT infrastructure operations support for the organization on a 24/7 basis, with on-call support during off-hours for initial response to incidents and outages.
- Perform day-to-day operational activities required to maintain the IT infrastructure and deliver the agreed level of IT services to the business.
- Ensure problem, event, access, network, and server management are in line with standard policies & procedures.
- Provide value in the form of technology-based services that make it possible for the organization to achieve their goals
- Implement cybersecurity best practices and responding to cyber incidents.
- Actively participate in the implementation of new technologies and services (projects).
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and diagrams.
- Assist with computer imaging process.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Actively participate in all training sessions and designated meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant technical school diploma.
- Minimum 3 years technical experience, preferably in a Help Desk & IT OPs environment.
- A+ and Network+ certifications preferred.
- Working knowledge of LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi technologies.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to travel to all YMCA of Greater New York branches and off-sites.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- May be required to work overtime and weekends.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promote participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “IT Operations Engineer” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:YMCA of Greater New York
Attn: Human Resources
5 West 63rd Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities