SALARY: $15.00 P/H
FULL-TIME / TEMPORARY
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Flushing YMCA is seeking an Intern who will assist administrative leadership during the summer. The Intern will perform tasks that will provide exposure to the mission, vision, and values of the organization, working on projects that encourage practical application of skills.
You are a motivated person with some high school education. You are able to use a PC and copy machine with minimal instruction and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel. You are aligned with the Y’s mission and four core values: honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility.
As an Intern you will:
- Assist the human resources staff with maintaining accurate personnel documentation and assist with new staff onboarding process.
- Provide general administrative support, including but not limited to purchase orders, supply research and receipt tracking.
- Provide assistance to the overall marketing of the Flushing Y via social media platforms.
- Support summer camp staff with camp paperwork and tracking all missing documents.
- Assist with research and planning of any Special Event activities, as needed.
- Facilitate mailings and provide overall support of Flushing Y program marketing
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
The internship will begin June 21, 2021 and end August 13, 2021. This is a full-time internship. You must be able to work Monday-Friday, approximately 35 hours each week.
This internship will enable you to earn ($15/hour) while you learn, getting a first-hand look at the advocacy work of a major nonprofit organization. You’ll build your resume while working as part of a lively team.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply?
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Intern” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Attn.: Tiffany Dunbar
138-46 Northern Blvd
Flushing, NY 11354
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities