Indoor Playground Instructor
SALARY: $15.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The YMCA of Greater New York is seeking an Indoor Playground Instructor who will be responsible for monitoring the indoor playground for children up to 3 years old and provide a safe place for them to play with tumbling toys with their guardian/parent.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of participants in the program by providing appropriate supervision at all times.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all participants.
- Meet and relate with participants and parents in a friendly helpful way.
- Provides safe space for children and their caregivers.
- Ensures smooth setup and clean-up for indoor playground area.
- Sanitizes equipment and ensures room is clean, presentable and safe.
- Setups of child appropriate and child friendly music to accompany the children during this time.
- Conforms to the Prospect Park YMCA’s standards and guidelines and participates in necessary trainings.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Actively participate in the training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working with children ages 1-10.
- Background in youth development, early childhood education or related field.
- Current CPR & First Aid certifications.
- Excellent hospitality and verbal communications skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Indoor Playground Instructor” to email@example.com or to:Prospect Park YMCA
Attn: Denise Francis
357 Ninth Street
Brooklyn, NY 11215
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities