Hospitality Agent II
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Vanderbilt YMCA is seeking experienced individuals who, under the supervision of the Membership Sales & Engagement Director, will provide high-quality service and hospitality in a fast-paced environment to all constituents of the YMCA, in person and by telephone. The Hospitality Agents will welcome all constituents and process all transactions, including facility access in the computer operating system efficiently and accurately.
- Attend and successfully complete AS400 training within 30 days of hire date.
- Enthusiastically greet and welcome everyone who enters the Branch with a smile, as soon as possible.
- Scan all members into the facility access system and ensure there is a photo on file for every member.
- Provide hospitality with every interaction in person and over the telephone.
- Transfer membership inquiries to the Membership Sales & Engagement Director or Specialist, when available.
- Answer telephone inquiries and collect caller information, of the caller in order to follow up with prospective members and program participants.
- Offer all guests and prospective members a tour of the facility.
- Use professional communication to engage constituents of the Y.
- Process program registrations, with a focus on engagement in the programs.
- De-escalate difficult situations according to Y standards and utilize the 4 A’s – Apologize, Ask, Acknowledge, Act.
- Be knowledgeable of all facility and program offerings in order to provide information to members and prospective members.
- Accurately process all transactions in the AS400 system, including membership, program registration, facility access and guest passes.
- Reconcile end of shift report for accurate cash handling.
- Answer the phone with a smile, in a friendly and inviting manner, using the standard YMCA greeting.
- Dialog with any member that is considering cancelling their membership in order to provide information to the Sales and engagement Director.
- Be a team player and support colleagues and other departments at all times, in speech and in action.
- Take initiative for personal and professional development by taking advantage of opportunities the Y presents, both formally and informally.
- Actively participate in designated meetings, training sessions, fund raising events, open houses, registration and special events.
- High School diploma or equivalent; coursework towards Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years of customer service experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build rapport and credibility.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work a variety of hours, including daytime, evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and deal with pressure.
- Excellent service and hospitality skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be available to work flexible hours; days, nights and weekends.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Hospitality Agent” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:Vanderbilt YMCA
Attn.: Angel Osorio
224 East 47th Street
New York, NY 10017
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities