Healthy Lifestyles Coordinator
SALARY: $15.00 P/H - $22.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Flatbush YMCA is seeking a qualified individual to provide support to the Healthy Lifestyles department by delivering consistent, quality healthy lifestyles programming, as well as enhancing customer service and member retention. The incumbent will be responsible for the following programs: Fitness Center and Equipment, Personal Training, Group Exercise, Y Fit Start, Weight Loss, and Massage Therapy.
- Assist in the recruiting, scheduling, supervising, and evaluations of program staff.
- Provide outstanding hospitality to all members and guests.
- Assist with the management of programs to maximize member satisfaction, revenue and compliance within the YMCA standards.
- Provide members with opportunities to increase their involvement, sense of belonging, and ownership of the YMCA.
- Assist in the development, control and tracking of departmental budget in accordance with Branch and Association guidelines.
- Research, facilitate and build quality programs that provide member satisfaction.
- Set annual priority objectives.
- Improve service based on annual staff and customer evaluation / feedback.
- Serve as a point of contact for all Healthy Lifestyles staff.
- Track and ensure that staff certifications are current and on file.
- Assist in the scheduling, maintenance, and management of facility and equipment in partnership with the Branch’s maintenance department.
- Execute administrative duties (i.e. tracking, reports, schedules, equipment, supplies, and payroll).
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of branch emergency procedures and take appropriate action for emergency situations.
- Support community and promotional special events as needed.
- Serve as branch Manager On Duty, as assigned.
- Actively participate in training sessions and designated meetings.
- High School diploma or equivalent; college coursework preferred.
- Minimum of two years commensurate experience in a supervisory / management position.
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED certification.
- Ability to work with participants of varying experience and skills levels.
- Ability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must attend current hospitality training within 90 days of hire.
- Excellent customer service and hospitality skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promote participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Healthy Lifestyles Coordinator” to email@example.com or to:Flatbush YMCA
Attn.: Jamel Davis
1401 Flatbush Avenue
New York, NY 11210
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities