Foreign Language Instructor
SALARY: $30.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Greenpoint YMCA is looking for a teacher who can teach Chinese (Mandarin), French, Italian, Polish, or Spanish Class to early childhood and elementary students whose proficiency levels range from beginning literacy to high intermediate. The teacher reports to the Healthy Lifestyles Director and is responsible for developing and delivering lesson plans.
- Research and write lesson plans: create and facilitate activities connected to lesson plans that maintain student interests and retention
- Deliver lessons using effective methodology
- Administer evaluative tools
- Track classroom attendance and other student monitoring devices
- Track deadlines and maintain comprehensive calendar of reports and forms due and fill out all appropriate forms completely and submit in a timely manner
- Able to cater lesson plans to varying student skill levels
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- Serve as a positive role model for participants.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Actively participate in training sessions and designated meetings.
- Support community and promotional special events as needed.
- B.S/ B.A degree or is currently pursuing an undergraduate degree from a college or university.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience including teaching languages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and willing to work with other teachers
- Must be available to work afternoons, and weekends.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Foreign Language Instructor” to email@example.com or to:Greenpoint YMCA
Attn.: Kayla Gordon
99 Meserole Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11222
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities