Fitness Center Coach
SALARY: $15.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Cross Island YMCA is looking for an experienced individual who will oversee fitness areas, at the branch, and provide outstanding hospitality to ensure a positive and safe user experience.
- Provide orientation and instruction on proper usage of fitness equipment to members – adults and teens.
- Provide outstanding hospitality to all members and guests. Outstanding hospitality is acting as a proactive agent - initiating a professional relationship with the members in regards to their needs, concerns, and questions and acting as an agent to accommodate the member’s needs/concerns.
- Assist members in effectively utilizing fitness equipment.
- Understand the basic fitness principles and be aware of current fitness programs and trends.
- Monitor fitness areas to ensure compliance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Provide members with opportunities that will increase their involvement, sense of belonging, and ownership of the YMCA.
- Perform equipment inspections and report results to supervisor.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in the fitness center.
- Obtain shift coverage when unable to report to work.
- Make phone calls to members, as needed
- Maintain required certifications, tracked in Club Connect.
- Actively participate in training sessions and designated meetings.
- Have a thorough knowledge of branch emergency procedures and take appropriate action for emergency situations.
- Support community and promotional special events as needed.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working in a health and fitness environment.
- Current CPR / First Aid / AED certifications.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be available to work afternoons, and weekends.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Fitness Center Coach” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:Cross Island YMCA
Attn.: Raymund Gotiangco
238-10 Hillside Ave
Bellerose, NY 11426
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities