Fire Safety Director (Part-Time)
SALARY: $16.00 - $22.40 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The West Side YMCA is looking for a part-time Fire Safety Directors who, under the supervision of the Senior Property Manager, will ensure a customer friendly, clean, safe and secure facility for all guests, members, and employees. The Fire Safety Director will represent the executive staff during the hours of their scheduled shift and determine, execute, deliver and follow-up, all directives related to customer service, operations, personnel, and emergency situations.
- Ensure the safety and security of all guests, members, and employees as well as protecting the assets (physical, monetary and reputation) of the Westside YMCA.
- Train building employees, members and guests on fire prevention and evacuation procedures.
- Address all customer service challenges related to security operation. Document all reported incidents and abnormalities to the Senior Property Manager for follow-up.
- Conduct monthly fire drills for related programs as per DOH-after school, camps, etc.
- Inspect fire alarm and communication systems-lamp test daily and all fire alarm components semi-annually.
- Serve as Manager on Duty in the absence of branch leadership.
- Assist front desk with guestroom overnight check-ins.
- Monitor fire command station and complete building rounds as needed.
- Act as liaison between first responders and YMCA branch operation in the event of an actual emergency. Emergency conditions may include fire, police and emergency medical response teams.
- Maintain knowledge (through communication with Centers and training) of all center events and conditions related to their operations.
- Perform all assignments from branch management related to operation of the facility, special events, etc.
- Uphold all Associations policies/demonstrate values of Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Honesty.
- Support community and promotional special events as needed.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college desirable.
- Current Fire Safety certification
- Current CPR / AED certifications.
- Working knowledge of Security and branch activities & programs.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Fire Safety Director (Part-Time)” to email@example.com or to:West Side YMCA
Attn: Slawomir Bazylczyk
5 West 63rd Street
New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities