Family Counselor - Adolescent Program
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Staten Island YMCA – Counseling Service is seeking an experienced Family Counselor who, under the supervision of the Site Director, will be responsible for providing Substance Abuse treatment to young people in recovery and their families. The Family Counselor must have experience working with adolescents (ages 12-21), dual-diagnosis and families. The incumbent will also be responsible for coordination of specialized program services and case management of caseload.
- Conduct screenings, assessments, determine appropriate level of care, treatment planning, and discharge planning.
- Facilitate sessions including group, individual, family, crisis intervention, and referrals.
- Manage census administration, retention of cases, family support, fee collection, and outreach presentations.
- Coordinate care for designated caseload, including completing ongoing reporting, outreach, referrals, and collaborating with professionals working with the caseload.
- Maintain contract and regulation compliance, fulfill clinical standards and best practices and all related documentation.
- Will serve as Manager-On-Duty and/or alternate clinician when necessary.
- Serve as task supervisor to interns/volunteers when appropriate.
- Will provide guidance to the staff in the absence of an on-site supervisor, when requested.
- Manage off-hours emergency cell phone on a time-limited rotating basis, when needed.
- Participate in team meetings, individual and group supervision.
- Actively participate in training sessions and designated meetings.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- MFT required; LMFT, LMSW, LCSW, or LMHC preferred.
- Minimum two years of treatment experience with adolescents with substance use disorders and their families; Five years of treatment experience strongly desired.
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system, treatment court, and TASC.
- Knowledge of 12-step model, motivational interviewing, and trauma informed care.
- Must be available to work week nights and possibly Saturdays.
- Bilingual preferred.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Family Counselor – Adolescent Program” to email@example.com or to:Staten Island YMCA – Counseling Service
Attn: Jacqueline Filis
3911 Richmond Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10312
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. To be considered for this position, please attach your proof of COVID-19 vaccination, along with your resume.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities