Facility Operations Director
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
We are seeking a Facility Operations Director will be responsible for working with corporate Properties department to support branch staff in establishing preventative maintenance schedules. The incumbent will also work with branch staff on capital investment plan and emergency response, repairs and troubleshooting.
- Own and manage organization-wide work order system, establishing processes and procedures for creating, updating and closing out work orders.
- Manage corporate and branch specific property management data, including but not limited to work order requests, performance metrics and cost reports.
- Respond to property related emergency calls. Responsible for receiving, dispatching and tracking of related branch issues and work requests.
- Manage building equipment and supply needs.
- Manage vendor relationships, including recruiting of new vendors and negotiations of contract terms. Liaise with vendors and suppliers.
- Report to and assist the Vice President of Property Management on a regular basis. Additionally provides administrative support to corporate office as needed in the preparation of correspondence, expense forms, personnel data, check requests, purchase orders and other paperwork or data entry. Assist in preparation of annual capital budget.
- Ensure compliance with NYC agency healthy and safety regulations and assist with clearing existing violations.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Other activities and duties that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent. College preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of facilities / operations experience.
- Sprinkler, Standpipe, Fire Drill Conductor and Hazmat certifications desired.
- Proficiency in Facilities Management (FM) software, like Facility Dude or similar is a plus.
- Knowledge of maintenance planning and schedules
- Knowledge of building safety regulations and security protocols.
- Knowledge of budget management, volunteer development, building security HPD codes and regulations a plus.
- Proficiency in office software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook Express.
- Knowledge of additional computer programs a plus but NOT required: Microsoft project, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Blue Beam.
- Sound judgement and the ability to think quickly during emergencies.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively within the five boroughs.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities