SALARY: $58,500 - $70,000
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Bedford-Stuyvesant YMCA is seeking a qualified individual who will provide leadership to the overall operation of the mechanical, housekeeping and life safety systems of the Bedford Stuyvesant YMCA, including preventative and routine maintenance, fire safety, security and pool operating systems. The Facility Manager will ensure that the building has the required operating certifications and required recordkeeping as required by codes.
- Ensure that all mechanical infrastructure systems, electric, ventilation, HVAC and pool operation as well maintained.
- Complete repair work and projects in a timely manner.
- Oversee all contractors that work in the facility and grounds. May be requested to review bids, and recommend selection of contractors.
- Work with outside agencies such as FDNY, DOH and DOB departments, to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations related to facilities and grounds.
- Develop budgets supporting the preventative and annual maintenance plans and monitors expenditures against budget.
- Develop annual plan of capital projects, consistent with the YMCA’s strategic plan and community needs, capital improvements and deferred maintenance projects.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule and direct assigned staff and volunteers. Review and evaluate staff performance and develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Advises management on maintenance issues and projects as requested.
- Maintain positive relationships with members, staff and vendors. Show members, colleagues and outside vendors respect by listening carefully and showing empathy when dealing with a difficult situation.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, Department of Youth and Community Development and YMCA of Greater New York standards.
- Actively participate in designated meetings, training sessions and special events.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in Facility Management or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience supervising building operations and maintenance staff.
- Fire Safety Director Certification required.
- Knowledge of Building operation and fire safety codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of Electrical (NYC Codes), Plumbing (NYC Codes), Fire Protection System (NYC Codes), Building Construction and Management, Energy Conservation, Burner and Boiler.
- Knowledge of Budget management, volunteer development, building security HPD codes and regulations a plus.
- Must obtain YMCA Pool certification within the first 30 days of employment.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Facility Manager” to email@example.com or to:Bedford-Stuyvesant YMCA
Attn.: Dordy Jourdain
1121 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11216
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities