Employee Relations & Compliance, Senior Specialist
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The YMCA of Greater New York is seeking an Employee Relations & Compliance, Senior Specialist, who will be responsible for providing Human Resources support to the Association Office and all branches with employee relations, training and compliance with government regulations.
- Respond to a high volume of calls from managers and employees to resolve issues regarding Human Resources policies, conflict resolution, performance problems, and terminations.
- Assist in investigating and resolving all complaints in a timely manner.
- Research, designs and present Association-wide training programs in all areas of Employee Relations.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal discrimination and employment regulations.
- Counsel employees and managers on Human Resources policy issues, conflict resolution, performance problems and terminations.
- Assist with updating the Employee Human Resources Guide to ensure key employment policies and expectations are communicated to all employees.
- Develop and manage a range of metrics to strategically inform and measure employee relations efforts.
- Work with Senior Executive, Employee Relations and VP, Human Resources to review and approve legal position statements for presentation to the EEOC and NY Division of Human Rights.
- Complete various projects as assigned by the Senior Executive, Employee Relations and VP, Human Resources.
- Proactively identify potential concerns and address with the Senior Executive, Employee Relations and VP, Human Resources, as necessary.
- Uphold association policies, demonstrate ethical behavior and demonstrates the YMCA’s values.
- Actively participate in and support trainings, designated meetings and special events.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum three years of progressive experience in Human Resources. Strong preference for individuals whose HR expertise is focused mainly on Employee Relations.
- Experience supporting a large, multi-site field population is preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills a must.
- Strong initiative and solid judgment abilities/skills; must display a balanced, objective approach and sound judgment when recommending a course of action or handling an investigation.
- Strong working knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- Ability to quickly establish productive and credible working relationships with employees and leadership staff.
- Excellent time management, organizational and follow-up skills. Ability to set priorities and organize time.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and database spreadsheets.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please send your cover letter and resume with subject line “Employee Relations & Compliance, Senior Specialist” to email@example.com or to:YMCA of Greater New York
Attn: Human Resources
5 West 63rd Street – 6th Floor
New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities