Director, Youth & Family
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The North Brooklyn YMCA is seeking an experienced individual who will be responsible for the successful operation of all programs for children, teens and families. The Youth & Family Director will be responsible for the oversight of all youth, teen and family programs. This role involves managing off-site programs (Government funded-sites at Beacon IS 347/349 and Eastern District), as well as providing leadership for an array of program initiatives from family gym time, enrichment programs, teen programs to summer day camp.
- Oversee all Youth, Teen and Family Programs at the North Brooklyn Branch.
- Manage program sites and ensure program goals and outcomes are met and in compliance with government contracts.
- Manage and train staff in accordance with Association and program policies, for safety and quality.
- Serve as a liaison to school and community partners.
- Build strong program content in education, physical fitness and cultural awareness through all program areas.
- Oversee all reporting to the Association Office, funders and government contracts.
- Develop community partnerships that result in strong program content.
- Meet budget goals and operating net for all departments.
- Effectively market programs in the community to achieve enrollment targets, with a focus on SACC and summer camp.
- Work with the Board of Managers.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- Must be available day times, weekends and evenings.
- BA/BS in Education or related field required. Master’s degree in Education, Social Work or related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience supervising youth and family programs and staff.
- Strong knowledge of youth development principles, child abuse prevention and program planning and evaluation.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements with subject line “Director, Youth & Family” to email@example.com or to:North Brooklyn YMCA
Attn: Marjorie Jean-Jacques
570 Jamaica Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11208
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities