Director, Youth & Family
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The McBurney YMCA is seeking a Director, Youth & Family who will be responsible for the successful operation of all McBurney YMCA youth, family, teen and adult sports programming. This role involves managing one funded and two fee-based Y Afterschool programs and teen programming at Washington Irving as well as providing leadership for an array of program initiatives from Early Learners Program (ELP), family time gym, child watch, after school, summer day camps, teen, youth & adult sport programming.
- Oversee all Youth, Teen, Family and Adult sports Programs at the McBurney Branch.
- Manage program sites and ensure program goals and outcomes are met and in compliance with government contracts.
- Create, recommend and implement a comprehensive youth and family program plan which considers space utilization equipment needs, budget requirements, safety and emergency procedures, YMCA values and quality standards.
- Manage and train staff in accordance with Association and program policies, for safety and quality.
- Create and execute a strategic marketing plan encompassing all aspects of the promotional mix including advertising, direct marketing, sales promotion, publicity and personal selling.
- Create and maintain a high quality program and service portfolio that meet current and future needs of members with the financial and human resources available.
- Serve as a liaison with school, community partners and Youth and Family Cabinet.
- Build strong program content in education, physical fitness and cultural awareness through all program areas.
- Oversee all reporting to the Association Office, funders and government contracts.
- Develop community partnerships that result in strong program content.
- Develop and monitor operating budget, oversee government contracts, and overall management of New York State and City Health Code compliance, ACA and community outreach.
- Effectively market programs in the community to achieve enrollment targets, with a focus on SACC and summer camp.
- Work with the Board of Managers.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- Must be available day times, weekends and evenings.
- BA/BS in Education or related field required. Master’s degree in Education, Social Work or related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience supervising youth and family programs and staff.
- Strong knowledge of youth development principles, child abuse prevention and program planning and evaluation.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements with subject line “Director, Youth & Family” to email@example.com or to:McBurney YMCA
Attn: Jasmin Cardona
125 W 14th Street
New York, NY 10011
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities