Director, Youth & Family
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
We will be opening a new state-of-the-art 50,000 square foot YMCA and we are seeking an experienced leader that is drawn to the diversity and energy of New York City, while also interested in serving a residential neighborhood to join our team as the Director, Youth & Family of the La Central YMCA located at 430 Westchester Avenue in the South Bronx.
The La Central YMCA is seeking a Director of Youth & Family is responsible for the oversight of youth, teen and family programs. This role involves managing off-site programs, and providing leadership for an array of program initiatives from family gym time, after school programs to summer day camp.
- Oversee all Youth, Teen, and Family programs at the La Central Branch.
- Manage program sites and ensure program goals and outcomes are met and in compliance with government contracts.
- Manage and train staff in accordance with Association and program policies for safety and quality.
- Draw new audiences to the La Central YMCA and ensure full enrollment.
- Serve as a liaison with school, community partners and Youth and Family Cabinet.
- Build strong program content in education, physical fitness and cultural awareness through all program areas.
- Oversee all reporting to the Association Office, funders and government contracts.
- Develop community partnerships that result in strong program content.
- Meet budget goals and operating net for all departments.
- Effectively market programs in the community to achieve enrollment targets, with a focus on SACC and summer camp.
- Work with the Board of Managers.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field required. Master’s degree in Education or Social Work preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of leadership experience running youth and family programs.
- Strong knowledge of youth development principles, child abuse prevention and program planning and evaluation.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Must be available day times, weekends and evenings.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities