Director, Risk Management
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The YMCA of Greater New York is seeking a Director, Risk Management to provide leadership in protecting the organization’s assets and corporate integrity as well as ensure the safety and security of YMCA members, participants, guests and staff.
- Manage the Association’s insurance program (property, liability, member accident, D&O, vehicle, etc)
- Conduct loss control surveys and analysis including, but not limited to, scheduled and unscheduled site visits and specialty overviews.
- Reduce risk by recommending physical and procedural changes.
- Oversee claims handling within a prescribed authority level.
- Maintain and update safety checklists.
- Create and maintain safety-based policies and procedures.
- Assure that branches are enforcing the Association’s safety guidelines
- Develop, perform, and oversee analyses as it relates to ERM in topics such as incident reports, claims, inspections, findings and the like.
- Assist in the preparation of the Audit & Compliance Committee book and related materials. Participate in the Committee meetings.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Actively participate in all training sessions and designated meetings.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 – 7 years of claims or loss control experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Claims Management, Loss Control, Brokerage, Direct Risk Management, and Security Protocols and Systems,
- Insurance certifications such as ARM, CPCU, AIC a plus.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities