Director, Membership & Healthy Lifestyles
SALARY: $58,000 - $62,000
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Flatbush YMCA is seeking a Director, Healthy Lifestyles who will be responsible for management of the Healthy Lifestyles, Youth Sports, Membership and branch communications departments the Flatbush YMCA, including the overall development, administration, supervision and evaluation of the aforementioned programs. The Membership & Healthy Lifestyles Director will focus on maintaining quality programs while raising additional funds to expand the programs to meet the needs of the community.
- Recruit, develop, train, evaluate and supervise staff and volunteers.
- Provide outstanding hospitality to all members and guests.
- Develop, track and control the department budget, in accordance with Branch and Association guidelines.
- Analyze membership data and statistics in order to identify trends and make proactive decisions that will drive membership and program.
- Build the branch value proposition based in program and services in order to grow membership.
- Build a cohesive team between membership and program staff.
- Plan and create new and innovative adult, youth and family programs that meet the needs of the community in keeping with the Branch priority objectives and strategic plan.
- Analyze community demographics to provide innovative programming that serves the community and identify local marketing opportunities unique to the area.
- Research, facilitate and build quality programs that build member retention and provide member satisfaction.
- Develop and grow community partnerships.
- Set annual priority objectives-improve service based on annual staff evaluations or customer evaluation/feedback.
- Maintain required certifications, tracked in Club Connect.
- Have a thorough knowledge of branch emergency procedures, and take appropriate action for emergency situations.
- Assist in Annual Campaign efforts.
- Represents the Branch at necessary program cabinets.
- Understand, promote, model, and communicate the YMCA’s core values of respect, responsibility, caring and honesty.
- Actively participate in all trainings, designated meetings and special events.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience supervising community based programs and experience developing programs.
- Minimum three years of management experience.
- Knowledge of development and administration of youth and adult programs.
- Knowledge of: AS400, budgeting, public policy, trainer, CPR/First Aid, a plus.
- Excellent hospitality, interpersonal and communications skills
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please send your cover letter and resume with subject line “Director, Membership & Healthy Lifestyles” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:Flatbush YMCA
Attn: Jamel Davis
1401 Flatbush Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11210
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities