Digital Fundraising Manager
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
We are seeking a Digital Fundraising Manager who, under the supervision of Vice President of Development, will be responsible for managing and implementing digital campaigns for fundraising, donor engagement, new donor acquisition and donor retention in order to expand and diversify the base of support and increase the level of giving. The Digital Fundraising Manager will focus on cultivating donations through email, social media and mobile platforms and cultivating new donor prospects through digital acquisition.
The ideal candidate will have experience with multichannel fundraising strategies and execution, including a knowledge of and passion for fundraising through social media, email marketing, and the web. As a member of the Fund Development team, the Digital Fundraising Manager will work closely with the Marketing and Communications team, ensuring fundraising efforts are fully integrated into broader digital marketing initiatives and assist with expanding and maintaining a thriving social media presence.
- Develop and implement digital fundraising campaigns and programs (including creation of content) and oversees the delivery of fundraising campaigns across digital, mobile, social media, and developing channels.
- Provide leadership for improving YGNY’s online fundraising pages and donor communications on www.ymcanyc.org.
- Manage cultivation of prospects through digital fundraising tools and initiates strategies to foster higher giving levels.
- Oversee current and ongoing email marketing programs from a fundraising perspective including e-renewals. Key focus on developing email acquisition campaigns for donor cultivation directed at renewing donors, lapsed donors, members, event donors and to build a new recurring gift program (monthly donors).
- Work with Membership, Marketing/Communications, Development and other YGNY teams to ensure the implementation of key touchpoints across digital media to foster cultivation on social media, web, mobile and developing platforms.
- Develop standardized digital fundraising procedures and ensure those standards are followed company-wide so that online and digital facing constituents receive a tailored and structured set of online and digital giving opportunities and services.
- Work closely with VP of Development and the Marketing and Communications team to set strategy and performance benchmarks and targets across all digital fundraising channels.
- Implement user testing techniques to improve response rates and increase donor retention. Evaluate effectiveness of ongoing digital marketing and fundraising campaigns and use insights for continual improvement.
- Analyze and make recommendations regarding YGNY electronic communications strategies to ensure the highest potential level of fundraising and donor cultivation and to ensure all digital fundraising offers a great user experience and is created in keeping with the YGNY brand.
- Engagement in ongoing professional development and continuous learning on best practices in digital fundraising and marketing.
- Actively participate in professional development, designated meetings, and special events, as appropriate and requested.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- At least three (3) years of experience in online fundraising strategies, social media, mobile and new technologies.
- Working knowledge of “best practices” across multiple platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
- Understanding and demonstrated experience in engaging online audiences.
- Experience publishing on blogs, photo/video sharing sites and social networking.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including various writing styles for fundraising, blogging and social media. A minimum of 3 writing samples will be requested of finalists.
- Graphic design experience (Adobe, etc) preferred but not required.
- Proven experience in using HTML, content management systems (e.g. WordPress), email systems (e.g. MailChimp) and relationship management software. Knowledge of customer relationship management systems (CRM).
- Comprehensive knowledge of A/B testing, analytics tools, and the ability to turn metrics into actionable insights, including experience in Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and other tools.
- Proven track record of generating income from digital campaigns or annual giving programs.
- Proven ability to think and act strategically, plan and evaluate activities and opportunities within the context of the broader mission and objectives of the Y and the ability to translate concepts into effective action plans.
- Familiarity with a variety of resources to keep up-to-date on the latest news in digital fundraising, marketing, sales, and design.
- Experience with Salesforce products desired.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders across the YGNY organization.
- A true team player who understands how to work productively in a team environment with others.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and goals while working under pressure.
- Appreciation for YGNY’s mission.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.