Desktop Support Technician
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The YMCA is seeking a Desktop Support Technician who will handle desk side support requests/issues, including all YMCA branches and off-sites, escalated from the off-site Tier I Help Desk. The incumbent should possess a strong customer service orientation, sound technical and problem-solving skills. The Desktop Support Technician will be extremely detail-oriented, able to multi-task in a demanding environment, and possesses strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Handle desk side support requests/issues, including all branches and off-sites, escalated from the Help Desk.
- Monitor progress of outstanding requests/issues and ensure users remain up-to-date with consistent follow-up.
- Configure, deploy, and provide support for Windows and Apple hardware/software.
- Configure, deploy, and provide support for network file shares, VPN client, network scanning software.
- Configure, deploy, and provide support for other hardware (printers, timeclocks, POS/Navori devices, etc.)
- Provide resolution and assistance to standard supported applications: Outlook, MS Office, Office365, Web browsers, Antivirus, etc.
- When required, escalate problems to IT Operations/Application Support or Desktop Support Manager to find a solution.
- Assess the ramification of issues and prioritize tasks based on business impact.
- Travel to any YMCA of Greater New York branches and off-sites.
- Enforce all policies and procedures that have been set forth by the IT department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or relevant technical school diploma.
- Minimum 3 years technical experience, preferably in a Help Desk environment.
- A+ and Network+ certifications preferred.
- Knowledge of Helpdesk ticketing system.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues on Windows, Office365 and Apple platforms.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and mobile devices running Android and IOS.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please send your cover letter and resume with subject line “Desktop Support Technician” to email@example.com or to:YMCA of Greater New York
Attn: Deniece Jones
5 West 63rd Street – 6th Floor
New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities