Desktop Support Manager
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The YMCA is seeking a Desktop Support Manager with strong planning, analytical, problem-solving, time-management skills, customer service, and people-management skills. The incumbent will need to be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a team. It is important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Oversee the on-site desktop support team and participate in and lead the work of subordinates and ensure efficient operation of group.
- Monitor progress of outstanding requests/issues and ensure users remain up-to-date with consistent follow-up.
- Manage the Desktop Support queue to ensure ticket resolution, which may involve collaborating with other IT groups, users and third-party vendors.
- Work with (off-site) Help Desk team in maintaining Service Level Agreement.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and mobile devices running Android and IOS.
- Assist in computer imaging process.
- Assess the ramification of issues and prioritize tasks based on business impact.
- Travel to any YMCA of Greater New York branches and off-sites.
- Enforce all policies and procedures that have been set forth by the IT department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant technical school diploma.
- Minimum 5 years technical experience, preferably in a Help Desk environment.
- A+ and Network+ certifications preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues on Windows, Office365 and Apple platforms.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (especially Microsoft Excel and Word), Oracle, Business Analytics applications.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and mobile devices running Android and IOS.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please send your cover letter and resume with subject line “Desktop Support Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:YMCA of Greater New York
Attn: Deniece Jones
5 West 63rd Street – 6th Floor
New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities