Community School Coordinator - CS112
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
We are seeking an experienced professional who, under the supervision of the Community School Director, will play a critical role in the successful operation of the Community School Program at CS112. The incumbent will be responsible for providing leadership, oversight and support, and in order to ensure quality program execution. Through strong Branch, staff, family, community, and family relationships, the Community School Coordinator will work towards accomplishing the program’s vision and goals.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of participants by understanding, maintaining, and ensuring that staff and participants follow Risk Management and safety procedures.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all staff and participants; and promotes a positive school spirit.
- Implement a menu of needs-driven, high-quality programs and services in adherence with the community school model.
- Develop and grow community partnerships while creating and tracking a resource referral system for youth and families.
- Support the planning of all community school activities.
- Maintain accurate program documentation (attendance, sign in /out forms, behavior / incident / accident reports).
- Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information, including compiling program statistics.
- Through regular communication, develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and guardians.
- Support the development and facilitation of required pre-program trainings.
- Maintain accurate program documentation (attendance, sign in/out forms, behavior reports, incident reports, and accident reports, as appropriate).
- Adhere to all Office of Community Schools, Department of Education, Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, or related field working with youth.
- Minimum two years of experience working with adults and families, preferably in a program setting.
- General knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- General knowledge of Youth Services and AS400 preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable with working with diverse youth and adults.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promote participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Community School Coordinator” to email@example.com or to:YMCA of Greater New York
Attn: Tiffany Allen
5 West 63rd Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities