The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Vanderbilt YMCA is seeking a Case Manager who will be responsible for providing participants with guidance and support and to advocate on their behalf and ensure they gain access to services that can help them succeed in high school. The incumbent will work closely with HS WIOA program at Vanguard High School to ensure implementation, monitoring and supervision of all teen programs related to work/college readiness, personal development and life skills. The Case Manager will provide students with a positive mentor relationship of advocacy and support to help them achieve their academic goals.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of participants in the program, by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Manage case load of 20-25 participants in high school.
- Assist with organizing and coordinating after school activities and our JREC WRAP (programs newsletter).
- Monitor student’s academic, social and emotional progress.
- Maintain contact with members of case load.
- Schedule one-on-one appointments with participants.
- Identifying problems and provide assistance for participant to address those problems.
- Report weekly achievements to direct supervisor.
- Facilitate/Co-facilitate work readiness programming, Signal Vine (Higher Ed Two-way Messaging Platform) and Teen Advisory Group.
- Collect documentation from participants, school, and parents.
- Network with organizations in the community.
- During summer months assist with our Summer Teen Internship Program (SIP).
- Improve, develop, and enhance all program service delivery.
- Maintain and develop positive relationships with families, participants, staff, schools, volunteers, other organizations.
- Attend, make positive contributions, and actively participate in program and department meetings.
- Attend outside meetings, conferences, workshops, and other networking opportunities to promote organization visibility.
- High School diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in Social Services or Education preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months of youth development experience.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Case Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:Vanderbilt YMCA
Attn: Candy Halikas
317 East 16th Street
New York, NY 10035
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities