SALARY: $18.00 P/H - $21.30 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Flushing YMCA is seeking a Case Manager will work one-on-one with students, as well as lead and run groups. This qualified individual will manage the social, emotional and vocational aspects of participants. Additionally, the incumbent will assist in designing and leading trainings and behavior issues with youth and teens in the program.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of participants in the program, by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Facilitate groups and workshops based on expressed needs and interests of participants, to improve attitudes, school performance, and home and community relationships.
- Conduct intake and assessments of potential participants and develop plans to ensure success.
- Adhere to all reporting procedures/tracking processes and curriculum/program planning and implementation.
- Act as client’s advocate, in order to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations, refer patients, clients, or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary; and coordinate referrals to indicated services inside and outside the YMAC (e.g., social services, mental health specialty care, substance abuse treatment).
- Guide clients in the development of skills and strategies for dealing with their problems or overcoming challenges/obstacles.
- Help individuals deal with addictions and substance abuse; court involvement, housing, immigration, family, parenting, and marital problems; suicide; stress management; problems with self-esteem; and issues associated with mental and emotional health.
- Prepare and maintain all required records and reports and develop treatment plan and data, in accordance with funders and YMCA expectations.
- Meet with families, probation officers, police, and other interested parties in order to exchange necessary information during the treatment process.
- Assist in recruitment of prospective and current participants.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Masters degree in Social Work or equivalent experience.
- Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), required. SIFI Certified, a plus.
- Minimum of two years of experience working teens and doing case management.
- Experience teaching and facilitating trainings on issues related to youth & teens.
- Knowledge of Adolescent Development, Developmental Assets and Core Competencies in Youth Work.
- Must obtain First Aid/CPR certificates certification within 4 months of employment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong hospitality skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please send your cover letter and resume with subject line “Case Manager”. Locations and contact information are printed below:Flushing YMCA – Beacon 189
Attn.: Clare Dwyer
144-80 Barclay Avenue – Room #127A, Flushing, NY 11355
Flushing YMCA – Beacon 194
Attn.: Michelle Caban
154-60 17th Avenue, Whitestone, NY 11356
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities