The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The YMCA is seeking qualified individuals who will provide direction and leadership to the day-to-day business functions of the branch. The Business Manager will be responsible for Cash Management, Bank Deposit Activity, Credit Card System, Procurement, Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivables, Budgeting, Payroll, Human Resources, project/financial/general ledger analysis and management. Additional responsibilities include tracking the financial performance for all fee-based and government funded contracts. The Business Manager will also supervise business office staff and manage the branch annual budget. Positions are available in Brooklyn and Queens.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate all business staff and department staff.
- Develop, track, and control the branch budget in accordance with Association guidelines.
- Enforce organizational policies to ensure internal controls are maintained.
- Ensure branch financial performance indicators are being met.
- Perform regular analysis of branch performance by department to identify cost savings or untapped revenue opportunities.
- Cash management including daily reconciliation, bank deposits and credit card reconciliation.
- Develop and implement effective revenue collection procedures.
- Ensure contractual compliance with government and other funding sources.
- Enforce the Association purchasing and procurement policies.
- Provide support with strategic planning activities and competitive market analysis.
- Participate as an active member of the Senior Management Team.
- Assist in providing leadership to branch wide efforts including the Annual Support/Capital Campaigns.
- Staff liaison to the Branch Finance Committee and the Association Business Cabinet.
- Supervise the branch’s Human Resources department functions.
- Uphold all Association and Branch policies and demonstrate the values of Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Honesty.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Associates degree in Accounting required; Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Business Financial Management.
- Experience in the non-profit sector is desired.
- Prior management experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills required.
- Knowledge of Oracle and Hyperion and Salesforce is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with all levels of staff and volunteers.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Business Manager - Greenpoint Y” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:YMCA of Greater New York
Attn: Human Resources
5 West 63rd Street – 6th floor
New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities