The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Flushing YMCA is seeking a Business Manager who will provide direction and leadership to the day-to-day business functions of the branch. The incumbent will be responsible for procurement, accounts payable/accounts receivables, budgeting, payroll, human resources, project/financial/general ledger analysis and management. Additional responsibilities include tracking the financial performance for all fee-based and government funded contracts. The Business Manager will also supervise business office staff and manage a budget of $10.6M.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate all business staff and department staff.
- Develop, track, and control the branch budget in accordance with Association guidelines.
- Enforce organizational policies to ensure internal controls are maintained.
- Ensure branch financial performance indicators are being met.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of government billing to various agencies.
- Ensure contractual compliance with government and other funding sources.
- Perform regular analysis of branch performance by department to identify cost savings or untapped revenue opportunities.
- Conduct and review branch audit requirements and compliance procedures.
- Develop and implement effective revenue collection procedures.
- Provide support with strategic planning activities and competitive market analysis.
- Participate as an active member of the Senior Management Team.
- Assist in providing leadership to branch wide efforts including the Annual Support/Capital Campaigns.
- Staff liaison to the Branch Finance Committee and the Association Business Cabinet.
- Supervise the branch’s Human Resources department functions.
- Enforce the Association purchasing and procurement policies.
- Uphold all Association and Branch policies and demonstrate the values of Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Honesty.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; Master’s degree in Accounting, a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Business Financial Management.
- Prior management experience.
- Experience in the non-profit sector a plus.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills required.
- Knowledge of Oracle and Hyperion and Salesforce is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with all levels of staff and volunteers.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Business Manager - Flushing Y” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:YMCA of Greater New York
Attn: Human Resources
5 West 63rd Street - 6th flr
New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities