Box Office Manager
Salary: $22.00 - $25.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The West Side YMCA is seeking a Box Office Manager who will work under the direction of the Community Arts Director/Senior Program Director and is responsible for overseeing the sale of all tickets and also being responsible for transactions and ensuring the security of money exchanged.
- Assist with supervising box office staff including managing a staffing schedule.
- Providing excellent customer service to all attendees of a production.
- Secure and design a functional ticketing system best suited for in-house and external productions.
- Help to ensure staff members are properly trained to operate the ticket system including the policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with internal theater staff and external production staff to establish ticket prices and ensure proper collections of all taxes and fees if applicable.
- Coordinates with internal theater staff and external production staff on seating arrangements, ticket discounts, comps and other needs.
- For each performance the Box Office Manager must deliver the house count (number of tickets sold) to the House Manager and keep a watchful eye to ensure the audience is not oversold.
- Responsible for handling and accounting for cash and/or other forms of payments and donations, ensuring drawers are balanced, oversee concession sales if applicable.
- Monitor and assign cash drawers to staff at the start of each shift and must ensure the box office takings correspond to the tickets sold.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and notify supervisor of purchasing needs.
- Upkeep and cleaning of equipment and box office.
- Experience working with outside vendors regarding rentals.
- Ability to work with buildings & properties staff and building security.
- Collection of data with a purpose of analysis and reporting – MS Suite knowledge preferred.
- All other duties as needed.
- Other activities and duties that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years working in box office.
- Knowledge of various ticket sale platforms; business administration, sales, accounting.
- On call positions.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to apply?
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities