Assistant Program Director
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Chinatown YMCA is seeking a qualified Assistant Program Director who will, under the supervision of the Program Director, be responsible for maintaining day-to-day administration and supervision of the Chinatown YMCA Cornerstone Two Bridges program. The Assistant Program Director will be responsible for developing, implementing, delivering, supervising and evaluating educational, social and recreational youth, teen, adult and family programs at the Chinatown YMCA Two Bridges Program Center.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of children in the program, by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Assist in hiring, training and supervising staff, co-locators, sub-contractors and volunteers. Evaluate and document staff performance during the program year.
- Prepare and monitor staff and volunteer schedules.
- Prepare payroll for Director’s review and approval.
- Assist in managing the day-to-day operations of the afterschool, summer camp and evening programs, assist with training for summer camp and summer camp preparations.
- Assist in developing youth, teen, adult and family programs and services in line with the requirements of the Department of Youth & Community Development (DYCD).
- Ensure maximum participation, including meeting rates of participation requirements established by the funder.
- Monitor rooms and equipment for safety.
- Assist in maintaining and managing the program day and evenings.
- Work closely with Program Director to ensure outreach and to meet the ROP in yearly basis.
- Participate in all necessary programmatic, site and branch -based meetings.
- Participate in Branch Fundraising/ Support Campaign.
- Act as a liaison and specialist to local government and community groups on behalf of the Chinatown YMCA.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings and fundraising events.
- Attending branch and off site based meetings ensures the program is fully integrated into the branch culture.
- Attending necessary Association meetings ensures that all standards are met.
- Upholding all Association policies and demonstrates values of respect, responsibility, caring and honesty is central to creating a respectful work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Mental Health or Social Services.
- Minimum one to two years of experience managing an afterschool and/or summer camp program and possible cornerstone programs.
- Experience hiring, training and supervising staff, program, staff and volunteer development, and working with DYCD is desired.
- Bilingual in Spanish, Mandarin and/or Cantonese is a plus.
- Must be able to work 1pm - 9:30pm or 1pm - 11pm for summer time and weekends.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Assistant Program Director” to email@example.com or to:Chinatown YMCA
Attn.: Narcisa Loza
100 Hester Street
New York, NY 10002
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities