Assistant Program Director
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Chinatown YMCA is seeking a qualified Assistant Program Director who, under the Program Director, will supervise case planners in the Family Support program, review progress reports, assist in the facilitation of parent group meetings and workshops, and make referrals and follow ups with community and sponsoring agencies. The Assistant Program Director will be responsible for the overall quality and efficiency of the Preventive Services Program including, but not limited to, supervision of professional staff on clinical & programmatic issues and reporting of program needs and challenges to the program director on a biweekly basis.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all participants.
- Responsible for the overall quality and efficiency of the Preventive Services Program.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate staff including the program’s case planners, administrative assistant and may also include paraprofessional staff and interns.
- Keep up with documents updated on weekly basis.
- Serve 12+ families on a monthly basis in absence of a case planner and keep utilization 100%.
- Mange Intake along with Program director.
- Review correct and revise progress notes according to ACS/APA/PAMS expectation.
- Maintain progress notes and FASPS on timely manner in each case and case planner/s.
- Hold weekly supervision with case planners to introduce new procedures and to discuss new issues in the field of Preventive Services.
- Report to Director any/all child risk and safety concerns immediately.
- Comply with YMCA requirements and Administration for Children Services; Coordinate quality assurance and quality improvement efforts across programs, QAQI.
- Attend meetings and participate on various committees and arrange trainings with workforce institute.
- Actively participate with YMCA in special events.
- Perform other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines and keep the office environment in good condition.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Mental Health, Education or related field with a minimum of ten years post graduate work experience with progressively increasing responsibility.
- Minimum five (5) years of supervisory experience in Preventive Services.
- Knowledge of health-related factors as well as an understanding of current issues and theories of child development.
- Excellent clinical skills required.
- Imagination, sensitivity and flexibility is required.
- Bilingual in Chinese and/or Spanish.
- Must be able to work weekends and some evenings when coverage is needed.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Assistant Program Director” to email@example.com or to:Chinatown YMCA
Attn.: Narcisa Loza
100 Hester Street
New York, NY 10002
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities