SALARY: $30.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Greenpoint YMCA is seeking Arts Instructors to develop and lead engaging arts classes for children / adults. The participants would be introduced to color and creativity through the use of paint, crayons, markers, finger paint, play dough, beads, and more.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of participants in the program, by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Teach participants in an engaging, responsive manner.
- Teach participants art mediums, artists and other artistic activities.
- Plan and teach engaging, lively and educational 30 – 45 minute classes.
- Set-up and break-down of room used for classes.
- Order and maintain all equipment or supplies needed.
- Develop, with the Director, a curriculum of age appropriate activities and art themes.
- Provide supervisor with lesson plans, on a monthly basis.
- Maintain an excellent rapport with participants, other staff, parents and members.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent; degree in art, art education or related field preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience in early childhood art, including knowledge of preschool / nursery art activities.
- Knowledge of early childhood / adult art practices.
- Ability to program weekly art classes.
- Creativity and flexibility is a must.
- Excellent hospitality and communication skills.
- Flexibility to work mornings, evenings or weekends.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Arts Instructor” to email@example.com or to:Greenpoint YMCA
Attn: Kayla Gordon
99 Meserole Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11222
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities