The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The YMCA of Greater New York is seeking an individual who will serve as an in-house designer and creative design lead for all marketing assets that come out of the Association Office and YMCA branches. The Art Designer will be the in-house YMCANYC brand guidelines expert, translate all campaign ideas into media-ready executions (bus shelters, paid digital, social, in-branch collateral, email) and support divisions at the YMCA that are stand-alone but need a “Y look” (fund raising, buildings/wayfinding, guest rooms, New Americans, gov’t relations, health & wellness).
- Design/guide all branch events to Y-design standards (fundraisers, open houses, promotions, email).
- Design corporate and board collateral that is heavy on infographics.
- Support wayfinding/environmental design project.
- Create master checklist of deliverables required to execute marketing campaigns, including both external media/advertising (digital and print) and branch collateral (graphics for social, palm cards, banners, etc.).
- Ensure all designs are visually enticing and customize layouts to address each medium’s user interface. Ensure all important messaging is included, and in compliance with all media specs.
- Serve as point person between designers, the media buying agency, and Y MarCom. Maintain positive relationships while holding all parties accountable to creative standards and deadlines.
- Maintain positive relationships and provide sophisticated design guidance for non-campaign work.
- Provide brand guidelines expertise and leadership for wayfinding/environment design project.
- Work with external translation service which not only translates, but also edits design files.
- Work with email design, trying to find best formats to entice reader action.
- Manage and maintain an organized central repository of creative assets for all campaigns.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Actively participate in all training sessions and designated meetings.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of design experience working with multiple formats, including large format branded messaging, digital design, infographics, email design, and informational flyers. This includes layout, photo selection, photo editing, and color selection.
- Experience managing other designers regarding creative vision and execution.
- Expert with InDesign and Photoshop and PowerPoint and able to use design aspects of Word.
- Ability to listen, identify needs/challenges, pull out the relevant points, and deliver easy-to-understand design solutions.
- Ability to take, interpret and deliver comprehensible design projects within agreed deadlines.
- Strong portfolio of work that demonstrates expertise across many different mediums (web, mobile, email, and print). Portfolio of work will be required at interview.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promote participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Art Designer” to email@example.com or to:YMCA of Greater New York
Attn: Human Resources
5 West 63rd Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities