Application Support Specialist
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The YMCA is seeking an Application Support Specialist with strong planning, analytical, problem-solving, time-management skills, and customer service skills. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting users across all critical Business Applications with resolutions or escalation, and identifying and coordinating business application optimizations, upgrades and maintenance updates. The Application Support Specialist needs to be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a team. It is important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Support users across all critical Business Applications with resolutions or escalation.
- Work with Help Desk and Users to ensure quality documentation and instructions
- Troubleshooting business application issues reported by users, including user security, responsibility and authority maintenance.
- Optimize application configurations with business process whenever possible.
- Facilitate communication between Super Users and Support Vendors.
- Perform release management for the Business Applications and environments.
- Lead and manage UAT for appropriate upgrades/patches.
- Provide security and legislative compliance within the business applications
- Pro-actively identify latest versions of software components/plug-ins required by Business Applications and ensure that they are compatible with supported Web browsers.
- Work with IT Operations to create PC images.
- Liaison with Help Desk, IT Operations and external vendors to resolve production issues, work with development teams and escalate technical issues.
- Develop and distribute appropriate Knowledge Base articles to Help Desk.
- Create and update Business Application User Documentation, Guides and Training Videos where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant technical school diploma.
- Minimum 2 years hands on experience with enterprise application support.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with users directly in a support capacity.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (especially Microsoft Excel and Word), Oracle, Salesforce and/or ADP Time, a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please send your cover letter and resume with subject line “Application Support Specialist” to email@example.com or to:YMCA of Greater New York
Attn: Robin Lund
5 West 63rd Street – 6th Floor
New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities